We are Campus, and we’re changing the way 2-year, online degree programs serve students.
We are looking for an admissions and recruiting counselor to serve as one of the founding members of our Admissions team. You will have the unique opportunity to join a dynamic team and help shape the future of the Admissions group and how we engage and serve prospective students. Overall, you will work directly with potential students to drive student enrollments.
At Campus, the Admissions team serves as the first point of contact for prospective students (and their influencers) as they explore their college and community college options. The team helps prospective students understand how the Campus-powered program meets their academic needs and supports them closely throughout the evaluation and enrollment process.
You will partner closely with Marketing and other internal teams to ensure a seamless transition for students through setting processes, procedures, customer service standards, and ensuring their delivery to all prospective students and their influencers.
This role reports to the Head of Admissions, and this role will be a hybrid in-office/remote role someone based in the NYC area.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Respond to inbound students inquiries via phone, email, SMS and live chat.
- Make a high volume outbound calls and send SMS message to potential students who have requested information about program
- Nurture potential students and applicants helping them understand our programs
- Help admitted students work through the enrollment process
- Represent Campus at online events and potentially local college fairs
- Help Campus hit enrollment goals
Important Personal Qualities
- Excellent communicator. Empathetic and able to listen to student needs.
- Natural salesperson. A naturally gifted salesperson who is persuasive but not "salesy". This is balanced by integrity and a focus on serving the student
- Relentless drive. Goal-oriented and results-driven, setting and achieving ambition metrics that serve the mission (vs their ego).
- Ability and drive to make things happen, regardless of the obstacles
- You’re a closer, a hustler, and you care deeply about achieving your goals at work
- Dedicated, dependable, and flexible to take on new challenges
- Self-starting achiever who takes initiative to identify gaps and propose projects and directions for work
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years' related experience in higher education admissions and recruiting.
- Sense of urgency in meeting goals. Consistency in delivering results.
- Ability to work extended hours on a regular basis; we are a startup with a critical mission.
- Proficient in working within a CRM, such as Salesforce; Advanced proficiency in GSuite
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: starting salary is flexible and will be based on the candidate's specific, relevant work experience
- Option to join the company-sponsored health benefits
- Equity grant